Part Number: HD99-H
The Ground Hog Inc HD99 is a Towable Hydraulic Earthdrill that is designed to be powerful, easy to use and require very little maintenance.
The HD99 is the most powerful Earthdrill in the Ground Hog Inc line. Equipped with a powerful VANGUARD gas engine, the HD99 can easily dig with any Ground Hog auger up to 18 inches in diameter. The use of hydraulics allows the HD99 to have variable auger speed and reverse which is very useful if the auger gets stuck.
The HD99 is designed to take the load off of the operator by being almost perfectly balanced with an 8-inch auger attached, and the right angle design eliminates torque to the operator. There are also 3 handlebar positions that allow for normal drilling, as well as close up drilling next to an obstacle such as a wall or fence. The drilling head also pivots from side to side for drilling on uneven terrain. Large highway rated tires make the HD99 easy to maneuver around the job site and there is a locking mechanism on the digging head that allows the auger to be held up and out of the way for moving the machine around the job without having to disconnect the auger.
The heavy duty powder coated steel construction of the HD99 uses a pivoting engine cradle that protects the engine and lets it stay level for proper oiling and longer life. The low profile and compact design of the frame eliminates the need for telescoping booms and axles and allows the unit to be transported in the bed of a small truck. The HD99 also comes equipped with a tow-bar with a 2" Ball hitch coupler and safety chains for surface street and jobsite transport.
The hydraulic system used on the HD99 is extremely reliable and requires very little maintenance compared to mechanical systems, and the HD99 uses high quality Parker components. Typical maintenance that is usually required is simply to check or change the hydraulic fluid and engine oil and replace the hydraulic filter. The uniquely shaped fluid reservoir holds 3 gallons of fluid while having a large amount of surface area to dissipate heat for higher efficiency. The reservoir has a dipstick for checking the fluid level and the drain plugs for the hydraulic fluid. The drain plug for the engine oil, as well as the hydraulic filter, are easy to access and use without making a mess.
The Ground Hog Inc HD99 is a powerful, well designed earthdrill you can rely on! The HD99 makes easy work of the hardest post hole digger jobs.
- Variable speed, Forward and Reverse auger rotation
- Three handlebar positions; two for normal drilling and one for close up drilling and towing
- Drilling head pivots from side to side for drilling on uneven terrain
- Zero torque transfer to the operator
- Engine frame swivels to keep engine level for optimum performance
- Replaceable steel bushing at pivot points
- Auger locks up out of the way for easy maneuvering
- Durable powder coated finish
- Large 5.70×8 pneumatic highway rated tires for easy maneuvering and towing
- Towable. Includes tow bar with 2” Ball hitch coupler
7/8” Square Auger Drive to use with Pengo Style Auger Bits, Combo Style Auger Bits, & Standard Style Auger Bits Auger Bits Sold Separately.
- 18" Maximum Auger Diameter
- Briggs & Stratton VANGUARD 4-Cycle Gas Engine
- 275 ft. lbs. of torque and 140 rpm approx. max. auger speed
- 6 gpm pump
- High pressure hydraulic swivels for free digging head movement and longer hose life
PICTURES ARE FOR REFERENCE - THIS UNIT WILL HAVE A VANGUARD ENGINE DUE TO ENGINE AVAILABILITY ISSUES*
SHIP TO ADDRESS - RESIDENTIAL OR COMMERCIAL
- COMMERCIAL ADDRESSES - FREE Shipping is offered on equipment shipped to locations that DO NOT REQUIRE LIFTGATE SERVICE via LTL SEMI TRUCK FREIGHT. Equipment offered on our website are shipped on a pallet & very heavy. It is the customer's (your) responsibility to unload the equipment upon delivery. A dock and/or Forklift are required to unload the pallet / equipment upon delivery. Contact Phone Number will be required in order to coordinate delivery day/time. WorkHorse Equipment & Parts will not be responsible for costs incurred for unsuccessful or refused shipments.
- RESIDENTIAL ADDRESSES - IF you are shipping your Auger or Trencher to a residential address and do not have access to a forklift or dock for delivery, we offer a LIFTGATE SERVICE shipping option for $100. LIFTGATE SERVICE means the delivery truck will be able to bring the pallet down to the ground for you from inside of the Truck. Contact Phone Number will be required in order to coordinate delivery day/time. WorkHorse Equipment & Parts will not be responsible for costs incurred for unsuccessful or refused shipments.
If you still have questions regarding our Shipping Policy, Please contact us via email at: Sales@WorkHorseEq.com
Shipping Dimensions: 36"x72" - 295lbs