Part Number: Model ONE
The Ground Hog Inc ModelONE is a small, hand-held, one-man auger that is designed from the ground up for Commercial, Rental, and Homeowner use. Ground Hog Inc. has been making reliable commercial earth drills for over 70 years with a proven track record.
The ModelONE is designed to take abuse. A 3-inch centrifugal clutch transfers the engine’s power to heat-treated billet steel gears. Oversized bearings are used throughout. The sealed, grease-filled cast aluminum gear case is heavily reinforced with ribbing to make it incredibly strong without adding unnecessary weight. All of this allows the transmission to easily handle the torque, shock and also the impact and side stresses on the auger bit.
The full wrap-around handlebar has a thick and durable cushioned grip surface that gives comfort and control to the operator. There is a trigger-type, spring-return throttle that allows for precise control and a kill switch is located conveniently above the throttle. The handlebar and the gear case are also designed to make the machine as short as possible to allow the operator to start digging a hole at a lower, more comfortable and controlled hand position.
The ModelONE is powered by a reliable Honda® GX35 4-Stroke engine. The engine torque, transmission gear ratio, and the angle of the auger blades and their pitch, work together to provide maximum digging power while minimizing strain on the operator. With the ModelONE, you get plenty of power and control with less fatigue. The ModelONE makes easy work of the most common post hole digger jobs.
The ModelONE has a 1-inch round auger drive and will handle up to an 8” auger bit. Bits are available in 2”, 4”, 6” and 8” and all of the bits are 36 inches long.
The auger bits for the ModelONE feature a new, unique blade type that results in drastically longer blade life compared to other blade designs. Each blade can be rotated 180 degrees for a new cutting edge and the inner blades can be moved outward as the outer blades wear out. This gives you almost 6 times more life out of a set of blades on an 8” bit. Augers for the ModeONE use the same heavy-duty center Fishtail pilot as Ground Hog’s Combo and Standard series augers, which are used on much larger pieces of equipment. All of the ModelONE augers use the same blades and center pilots to make re-ordering easy.
* RD Style Augers for Model ONE sold Separately.
- Designed for Commercial, Rental, & Homeowner use
- Heavy-duty transmission with oversized bearings
- Heat treated billet steel gears
- Cast aluminum gear case is reinforced with with thick ribs to handle rough use and side loads
- Cushioned wrap-around grips
- Trigger-type spring-return throttle
- Comfortable hole starting height
- 1” Round Auger Drive for use with Round Drive Auger Bits Sold Separately
- Handles up to an 8” auger bit
- Bits are available in 2”, 4”, 6” and 8”
- Unique blade type that results in drastically longer blade life
- Durable powder coated finish
- Honda® GX35 4-Cycle Engine
- Made in the U.S.A.